The Hungarian National Ballet, the 137-year-old official ballet company of the Hungarian State Opera, announces an audition upon invitation to be held from 10:00 on 30 January 2022 at the temporary venue of the company (due to the restoration of the Opera House) for immediate openings as well as contracts starting 15 July 2022 (depending on the applicants’ work visa requirements).
- next season contracts until 14 July 2023 or 2024 depending on the starting date, for maximum one season (with a 3-month probation; yearly prolongation possibility; Hungarian immigration regulations apply)
- monthly wages in accordance with the achieved qualification level within the existing system
- a wide, world class, regularly growing repertoire
- applications by classically trained, professional male and female ballet dancers
- outstanding technique and qualities are a must
- as per the Government Decree № 599/2021 (28.X.), employment at the Hungarian State Opera is contingent upon providing proof of being vaccinated against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus
Please be informed that the realisation of the audition is subject to the Hungarian and international policies concerning the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the Hungarian State Opera’s own regulations. With regard to possible changes, all participants will be notified about Hungary’s entry policy as well as any special conditions for the audition approximately a month in advance. The audition will be organised in full compliance with the respective epidemiological regulations.
How to apply:
- please send your application material as described below in one e-mail to email@example.com
- deadline for receipt of application materials: 16 January 2022 (Sunday)
- following evaluation, those invited will be notified via e-mail
- 1 headshot (in a separate picture file)
- 2-3 dance photos in classical poses (max. 8 MB altogether)
- professional CV including date of birth, citizenship(s), e-mail address, mobile phone number, height in cm, weight in kg, education, competitions, awards, main roles, work experience etc.
- link of 1 video recording of recent classwork (no older than 6 months, ladies in pointe shoes)
- link of 1 video recording of a recent classical variation (no older than 6 months, ladies in pointe shoes) uploaded to the internet, without password protection
Participants will be informed of the results of the audition by e-mail within a month after the audition.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
PLEASE NOTE: The photo and video material should be a current representation within half a year’s time. The duration of each video should not exceed 15 minutes. Please make sure that the applicant is easily identifiable on videos. Please avoid sending zip or video files as attachments. No application fees apply.
Please be reminded that it is not the content alone but also the form that will make a first impression about you. Precision is requested and highly appreciated, both on and off the stage.
By submitting your application you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Hungarian State Opera’s data handling policy. Read HERE.