The Hungarian National Ballet, the 139-year-old official ballet company of the Hungarian State Opera, announces an audition upon invitation to be held from 10:00 on 4 February 2024 at the Opera House for immediate openings as well as contracts starting 15 July 2024 (depending on the applicants’ work visa requirements).
- next season contracts until 14 July 2025 or 2026 depending on the starting date, (with a 3-month probation; yearly prolongation possibility; Hungarian immigration regulations apply);
- monthly salary in accordance with the achieved qualification level within the existing system;
- a wide, world class, regularly growing repertoire
- applications by classically trained, professional male and female ballet dancers;
- outstanding technique and qualities are a must
How to apply:
- please send your application material as described below to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- deadline for receipt of application materials: 21 January 2024 (Sunday);
- following evaluation, those invited will be notified via e-mail
- detailed professional CV (with photo, in English, in doc(x) or pdf format) including date of birth, citizenship(s), e-mail address, mobile phone number, height in cm, weight in kg, education, competitions, awards, main roles, work experience etc.;
- recent headshot attached to your email as a separate picture file, in good quality, for identification purposes;
- 2-3 dance photos in classical poses attached to your email as separate picture files;
- link of 1 recent video recording of classwork (no older than 6 months; ladies in pointe shoes, please) uploaded to the internet without password protection;
- link of 1 recent video recording of a classical variation (no older than 6 months; ladies in pointe shoes, please) enabling the full evaluation of your classical technique and artistic level, uploaded to the internet without password protection
As the number of participants finalises, all auditionees will be notified about possible Hungarian and international policies concerning the COVID-19 pandemic (if relevant) and Hungary’s entry policy as well as any special conditions for the audition approximately a month in advance.
- No application fees apply.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed!
- The photo and the video material should be a current representation within 6 months’ time.
- The duration of each video should not exceed 15 minutes.
- The applicant must be easily identifiable in the videos.
- Please avoid sending downloadable video files or zip files – we accept video links only.
Please be reminded that it is not the content alone but also the form that will make a first impression about you. Precision is requested and highly appreciated, both on and off the stage.
Photo by László Emmer